- 1 ounce dried elderberries
- Whole fruit
- Solar Dried
- Shipped in compostable packaging
- Organically Grown in Maine, USA
Elderberries (Sambucus Nigra)
Only 10 left in stock
Only 10 left in stock
Drooping branches nestle umbrels of delicate white flowers that morph into a canopy of deep purple fruits, offering a tiny treat to hungry birds and sweet nutritive nectar to its gatherer.
latin name:Sambucus nigra. Widely used as a for its medicinal properties and wide range of reported health benefits.
October Fields® herbs are organically grown and hand harvested using veganic farming methods, without the use of pesticides, herbicides and animal amendments. Consciously crafted and sustainably packaged with ♥ in small batches, Maine USA.
Plants can be powerful medicinal allies, when used responsibly. Creating a relationship with their vital energy ensures a symbiotic partnership that can offer a spiritual connection to our emotional healing and physical well-being. Although most herbal preparations are safe and effective, it is important to note that there may be potential side effects and individual results may vary. Please consult your licensed herbalist or health care provider and do your own research before you place your order, so that you may become an empowered, knowledgable and compassionate caretaker of our own body.
Disclaimer: The information contained within is for educational purposes only. October Fields® products and statements have not been evaluated by the FDA and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. Consult a health care practitioner before using, particularly if you have any serious medical conditions, are pregnant, breast feeding, or currently taking medication.
OCTOBER FIELDS® Herbal Elderberry Syrup Recipe
- 1 cup dried elderberries (approx 4oz)
- 4 cups cold water (distilled, purified or spring)
- 2 teaspoons dried ginger root
- 2 teaspoons dried sage
- 2 tablespoons dried thyme
- 1 cup sweetener (raw agave or local maple syrup makes for a child friendly version; if sweetness is not desired, skip this ingredient)
- 1 cup brandy (optional*)
- Bring to a boil: elderberries, herbs and water.
- Reduce heat and simmer 30 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Cover and let steep for at least 1 hour.
- Using funnel, lined with muslin or cheesecloth, pour herbs and liquid into clean glass jar. Extract remaining liquid by pressing with wooden spoon or by twisting/squeezing cloth (careful, liquids will be hot).
- Compost herbs.
- Allow liquid to cool to the touch. Stir in sweetener of choice.
- * To increase shelf life add brandy. Syrup does not need to be refrigerated if adding alcohol. If you choose to skip this ingredient, store in refrigerator for up to 7 days.
- Cap tightly and store in cool, dry location.
- Avoid non-stick and coated metal pots/utensils.
- Store finished product in glass with secure lid.
- Separate finished syrup into smaller bottles for work, travel, or later use.
- Use fresh ingredients where possible. It is okay to use dried elderberries, but if you have access to fresh ginger and aromatic herbs, use freely!
- Dose creatively! Drizzle on oatmeal or add to sparkling water with a squeeze of citrus.
Serving size 1-2 tsp as needed
|Dimensions||4 × 4 × 4 in|