Soy candle care.

An OCTOBER FIELDS® candle is crafted to burn cleanly, evenly and effortlessly so that you can enjoy the flickering glow longer.

Soy Candle Care and Burning TipsHere are a few tips and tricks to get the most from your OCTOBER FIELDS® soy candle:

Before the first light, make sure you have 3-4 hours available for the candle to burn while attended. We know it is exciting to want to light your candle right away, but this is the most important step! We suggest you choose an evening that doesn’t require interruption or on a weekend while watching the game or reading a book. It is supposed to be a relaxing experience anyway!

01. Place your candle on a flat, flame retardant surface, away from drafts, children, pets, curtains, furniture, etc. Use common sense.

02. Light your candle.

03. When lighting your candle for the first time, and each time thereafter, allow the wax to melt all the way out to the diameter of it’s container. Once the melted wax reaches the glass, allow it to melt until 1/4” deep. This is called a melt pool. This is also where all of that fragrant aroma is released. If you cannot smell the aroma, it means that the jar is too small for the area. Consider placing a couple candles in one room to increase it’s aromatic benefit.

Soy Candle Care and Burning Tips

Place candle on stable, flat surface to light

04. Keep your wick trimmed to 1/4”. Occasionally, mushrooming may occur. This is okay and simply means that there is a build up of carbon from burning for a longer period or perhaps a draft.   After the candle is extinguished, allow wick to harden and carefully trim to 1/4”.

06. Keep your candle protected from extreme heat. Should your candle sweat or melt, allow to harden and then use as usual.

07. Discard your candle once the remaining wax reaches 1/2” deep.

 

Let’s review!

Soy has memory. If your candle is extinguished prior to allowing a full melt pool, all future melt pools will not go past the first one. Keep the wick trimmed to approximately 1/4”. Never leave a burning candle unattended or within reach of flammable objects, children or pets. Do not burn more than 4 hours. When 1/2” wax remains, discontinue use.  Clean jar with warm, soapy water, allow to dry and reuse.